Sunday, August 06, 2006

Holy cow! What a (not) day off!

My new gig with ATS Manufacturing Division (we don't really have a name yet, so far as I know) starts tomorrow, so I spent today getting the building (more) ready. We were hoping it would be a couple of hours. It ended up being seven, and we're still not at 100%. However, we're much, much closer, and we should be stitching by Tuesday. I'm excited.
I'm also exhausted! Every time I had to go outdoors, I think I lost about six months from my lifespan. KY in the summer isn't the greatest of places to be. Its hot (at 9:25 PM, its still 86 degrees) and its humid. I'd estimate the wet factor at about 80% or so. Nasty. Overall, though, even with a few injuries sustained (that's SOP for me; no big deal), we're almost there. I'm fully expecting this thing to get huge in a big hurry.
Tell ya what: if you're going to go into a new venture, its awfully nice to have a parent company that has the capital to back the venture. Look for cool new, original, well made, kick butt gear from ATS in the very near future. Then order some!

No comments: