Saturday, March 24, 2007

So, so, so bad!!!

So I'm sitting here in front of my puter, running Open Office and being thrilled with all the financial formula calculators it has. Yes, I am doing the homework I was putting off doing in the previous post. I've got the "metal" channel on cable running through my "surround" system (better than nothin', but its about as cobbled together as it could be).

I notice this totally non-sensical sound coming through my speakers. Clearly, its some earnestly sincere hard rockin' types going at it as hard as they can. I turn around, read the screen, and do a literal LOL. The name of the band is, get this: Dying Fetus. No, really! That's their name. No! I'm serious!

The music, such as it was, sounds like stuff that was cutting edge speed metal in about 1990. The vocals reminded me quite a lot of my best belches, with vigorous performance and sustain. I could probably record my famous "Weekends Were Made For Michelob" belch with these guys, and it'd fit right into their song list. Come to think of it, that might yield their only hit.

If Dying Fetus is one of your favorite bands, I'm sorry...that your taste in music is so, so bad. I like loud, aggro heavy metal. Its just that these guys are going to remain obscure until they break up and do those jobs with the names on their shirts full time. That is as it should be.

No comments: