Saturday, September 02, 2006

My new guilty pleasure

One of the members on one of the several forums that I moderate on turned me on to my latest guilty pleasure. There's a comic strip called Over The Hedge that is making my grinceps sore these days. Mainly, its these two crazy redneck flamingos that are just killin' me. To whit, one piece of evidence:


Style and panache. One must be awed by their creativity in entertainment. They're...birds after my own heart. Were they human, they'd be renaissance mans...er...men. Mens. Renaissance Dudes. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I quit reading the paper quite a while ago. Didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to read the same stuff on paper that I could read on the intarweb without additional monetary investment. What's the point of spending more than a dollar on a Sunday paper when most of it is ads that get thrown away? At least I can close pop-up ads, and I have a couple pop-up stoppers that quash that stuff before it even gets started. Perhaps the newspaper needs to get away from the politicking and get back to the reporting. Like when Fletch was still working for the papers. That was a real reporter.

Check out Over the Hedge here. The cool thing about this site is that you can sign up to have comics delivered to your e-mail, although if you want more than one, it costs ya. I chose OTH, but since I have more than one e-mail address, I may need OPUS, too....

No comments: